Chances are, you have probably heard of WhatsApp, and if you haven’t, then you haven’t been busy chatting. WhatsApp emerged as one of the top ten applications downloaded through Google Play, topping the application charts with over one billion downloads.
What is this app and why is it so popular? Please read on to learn a little more about What’s App Online: What’s App Web.
What is WhatsApp?
Many users of chat platforms feel that WhatsApp is quite possibly the best chat application out there. It provides users with a smooth chat experience, earning a lot of favoritism because there are no ads or distracting pop-ups that occur when people are busy chatting.
The other bonus feature highlighted by users is the interface, which many find very easy to use and not lacking in chat capability. Many chat applications are existing currently on the market and only allow users to access the application through one platform.
However, WhatsApp, by contrast, can be both downloaded and accessed on multiple devices using various platforms, like Android, Blackberry, Windows, and more.
Why is it so Popular?
WhatsApp reached popularity for a variety of reasons. First, the platform is quite simple, and users find that it is easy to access and use Accessibility, and easy use has much to do with the success of most applications on the market nowadays.
WhatsApp’s lack of advertisements, an annoyance so typical of other chat and messaging programs, earned it much praise because most users cannot stand the advertisements that pop up during a chat session.
Also, in our social media age where people are lucky enough to keep in touch with friends and family that live far away, people can use WhatsApp as a relatively easy to use the option to keep long distance connections in close personal range. Since WhatsApp is so quick and simple to use, as a messenger, its popularity intensified.
What Can WhatsApp Do?
Interestingly enough, WhatsApp is the only known non-Google application that has hit the billion download mark, so that should not only tell you something about how popular the application is, or how frequently people use it, but also how easy it is to use. The ease of use factor is what attracts so many people to the application, happy to chat without annoying advertisements or distracting pop-ups. It now has billions upon billions of users, and was attractive enough for Mark Zuckerburg, the owner of Facebook, to purchase the application for $19 billion dollars. Now, $19 billion as a price marker demonstrates how amazing WhatApp’s capabilities are in the social media world.
So, what are these features? Some of you may know about them, but those just getting started probably want an overview.
Free. One beautiful standard of this application is that it is totally free to both use and download. It used to cost $0.99 a month, but that is no longer the case, thankfully, and you can expect to use it free for life.
Send and Receive. WhatsApp’s ease of use is fantastic. You can very simply send and receive images, texts, videos, voice memos, PDF files… so if you have a cell phone plan that has a text message limit, and you are worried about going over that limit, this is a nice alternative to saving some money.
Voice Calls. Another nice, free feature you can utilize with WhatsApp is voice calling. You can call your friends and family for free using WhatsApp anytime. Now, you do have to be online when you call, but otherwise, the voice call feature is very simple to use and resembles voice chat on Skype.
Group Chat. The next great feature you can use with friends and family is the group chat feature. You can make a group in WhatsApp and then easily talk all at once to friends and family members, bringing people together who might live far apart.
How Do You Login to WhatsApp On Your Computer?
You can log in and access WhatsApp on your computer using two different approaches. The next section covers each approach. You can either utilize the WhatsApp web version, or, on the other hand, you can download the app with an Android emulator like BlueStacks.
One approach to accessing the app is not necessarily better than the other, and both will get you to your end goal. Whichever you prefer depends on your comfort level, so simply decide on an option and follow the steps. Both follow below
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that will help you to access WhatsApp on your computer. First, before anything else, make sure to download WhatsApp Messenger onto your PC or laptop. The installation process must happen first, and so if you already have WhatsApp Messenger on your computer, you may skip the first steps (1-7).
- First, you need to download and install BlueStacks.
- After installing BlueStacks, open the program. Look at the top of the screen and you should see a search icon that looks like a magnifying glass. Click on it.
- After you have clicked on the search tool (magnifying glass), type in WhatsApp, and then run the search.
- You should see WhatsApp pop up in the search results. Click on WhatsApp.
- Next, after clicking on WhatsApp, you will be taken to the application download page for the Google Play Store
- Select the button that says “Install” and click. Make sure to accept the Google Play Store’s terms and conditions so that the download initialized. If you don’t agree, no download will happen.
- Your computer should start downloading.
- After the download completes, your WhatsApp application will be ready for use on your computer.
Login to WhatsApp
So now that you have finished installing WhatsApp on your computer, you are ready for the next stage of the process: creating your account so that you can log into WhatsApp.
- If BlueStacks is not already open, open first so that you can access WhatsApp on your computer.
- Next, look in the upper right-hand corner. You should see an “All Apps” tab in that area of the screen. Click on that.
- You will see a new page open, and you should see the area where you installed WhatsApp.
- Go to the app icon and click on it. That will launch WhatsApp Messenger on your computer.
- If you have never logged into WhatsApp on your computer before, you will have to create an account.
- You should see an “Agree and Continue” button on the welcome page. Click on that to start the process.
- The accounting process next asks you for your personal details. Go ahead and fill it out, enter your phone number and country, then hit “OK.”
- Your phone number is an important step to registration, so the process asks you to double check your phone number again. If it is correct, click on “OK.”
- At this point, your phone will probably go off with a confirmation code. Naturally, WhatsApp Messenger tries to link to your phone. However, you are on your computer for this one, so the verification code won’t help at this point.
- Wait a bit until the screen pops up and states that the verification failed. After this, you can select the option to get a manual code. You can then enter that code and verify your computer.
- The WhatsApp messenger application should now open and run on your computer.
- Enter your profile’s name to finish the setup. Then, click “Continue” to see your chats.
WhatsApp Login Online Web Version
You also have the option of using WhatsApp on your computer via the web version of this application. For this approach, the application does not need to be downloaded; you can simply access the website and messenger like any ordinary website, and log into your WhatsApp account.
To start, with WhatsApp online, you need to make sure you have updated to the newest option of the app if you do not already have it. If you need more information on this concept, you can Click Here for an article.
- Go to your browser and type in whatsapp.com for the address.
- A QR code will appear on the home screen.
- Grab your phone and open up WhatsApp. Go to options and after doing that, click on “WhatsApp Web.”
- You’ll see a QR code scanner on your phone.
- Now, align your phone QR scan code with the computer QR scan code. Then, click “OK, got it.”
- You should see a sync process between the two devices kick in which may take a bit of time.
- After a couple of minutes, your chat conversations will appear on your computer.
- You are now ready to use WhatsApp online on your computer. Enjoy sending and receiving text messages, images, videos, and other files through your computer.
So now that you have learned a bit about WhatsApp including What’s App Online: What’s App Web, you can experience the full benefits of using the messenger. From your phone to your computer, you will be able to stay in touch with friends and family who live anywhere in the world both free and easily. Are you curious to learn about other messengers like WhatsApp that can help you connect with others? Please view the 10 Best Messaging Apps to learn a little more. And you can have even more fun with WhatsApp by checking out Kik Messenger.