Every once in a while there’s a game you want to play any and everywhere from your iPhone to iPad to computer. Maybe it’s a puzzle game that keeps you trying again and again to make it to the next level. Maybe it’s got really cool graphics that you can’t get enough of.
Or maybe it’s got a really engaging story and you can’t tear yourself away from finding out what happens next. Whatever the cause of it is, these games usually strike a chord with a lot of people, and they really take off in popularity. That’s why Subway Surfers online is such a major hit.
Most games I’m perfectly fine playing them on my iPhone. However, most games I’m fine just playing them a few minutes here and there, when I’m in line for something, or stuck in a commute. But when there’s a game I love I want to be able to play it all the time. And when that’s the case, I don’t want to be glued to my phone, especially when I’m at home and have a really nice computer with some great hardware just at my fingertips. I want to play on a higher resolution screen without having to download the app. Luckily for you, I’ll walk you through step by step how to get Subway Surfers for pc or simply play it online.
If you’re not completely familiar with the game I’ll walk you through a breakdown of the game along with tips and tricks to make it even more enjoyable.
“Every age has its storytelling form, and video gaming is a huge part of our culture. You can ignore or embrace video games and imbue them with the best artistic quality. People are enthralled with video games in the same way as other people love the cinema or theatre.” – Andy Serkis
What is Subway Surfers?
You may or may not be familiar with Subway Surfers, if you haven’t played it before you definitely should. It’s one of the classic endless running games similar to Temple Run or Canabalt where there is no end to the game, it ends when you die or get caught. In games like these, you’re not trying to beat the game, you’re trying to beat your previous best.
The app was developed in Denmark and has over 25 million active users per day, meaning it is one of the top games of all time. You can play the game on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone (and it’s great to see Windows Phone users finally getting some love, though this may have something to do with the Windows Phone hardware being produced by the another Scandinavian company, Finnish Nokia), and now you can play Subway Surfers online
The basis of the game is that you play as a young teenager that is getting into trouble. You’ve been caught spray painting graffiti in the metro (tagging) and now you have to run away from the authorities and his mean dog.
You can get gold coins as you run away from the inspector and dodge other subway cars, etc. It’s a fast paced game that keeps you on your toes constantly to avoid running into object, being caught, while simultaneously trying to get as many coins as possible.
One thing to keep in mind is that the game was initially developed to be played on a touch screen. That means clicks equal taps and moving left right, etc. is just a swipe of your finger. This can cause some problems when you transfer it over to a PC and play online. But worry not, I’ll walk you through how to play the game even if you’re on a computer and get around the touch screen.
Why Play Subway Surfers Online?
Given that there is no Subway Surfers online game that was built by the developers you may be questioning why you should stop playing it on your iPhone or Android? That’s a good question and to be honest, it won’t be for everyone. A lot of people will continue to play it on a phone but for some the features below are too good to miss.
Here are a few reasons why playing on a PC will be ultimately better than anything else, believe me, it’s even more fun like this.
- The biggest reason why you may want to play online is because despite the fun on an iPhone, if you don’t have a smartphone and want to play it’s a lot cheaper to play online. This also applies if you don’t want to download anything onto your computer.
- The second reason is to use the bigger resolution screen size to get all of the glory of Subway Surfers. Believe me, having a screen that is 5 times or more larger than your current one makes a big difference when it comes to playing better and enjoying the game.
- You’ll be able to see things in more detail which means you’re more likely to see that small metro car coming your way on a larger screen than on a smaller one. This will help your reaction time and allow you to dodge them quicker and easier.
- Also, if you’re like me, and completely addicted to the game, switching to another platform (no subway puns intended) is great just for variety. If I had to be on my phone for every minute that I played this game, the “tech neck” would be unbearable. Never mind the fact that I might need to take a call every once in a while.
- Unless you’re working from a laptop, batteries are usually not as much a concern on a PC as they are on a phone. Even if you are working from a laptop, it’s a lot easier to use a laptop while it’s plugged in than it is to comfortably use a smart phone while it’s on it’s two inch long charging cable.
- Lastly, if you play on a computer you will have a bigger and better processor so you can be assured the game won’t skip or freeze on you. The smartphone processor is getting better but it’s still greatly lagging behind a computer.
How to Play Subway Surfers Online?
Now, let’s get into the meat of why you visited this page, outlining how to get Subway Surfers online and what you can do to make the game a bit better.
To start off you will need to make sure you have a Google Play account so you can download the Subway Surfers apk file to upload into the online gaming system. This can stink if you’ve been playing Subway Surfers on your iPhone, as you probably don’t have a Google Play account if you’re meeting all your needs within the Mac ecosystem. However, I’m still researching a reliable way to emulate the iOS environment, and haven’t turned up anything satisfactory yet. So that means that when you go emulation, you pretty much have to go Android. There currently is no way to download the Android apps without having an account with them and registering your device with them.
If you run into problems with trying to get a Google Play account, simply find a friend that has an Android device and ask them to login to their Google Play account and download the Subway Surfers apk file to their desktop. You will only need to do this once but it is completely essential.
Make sure you also keep in mind that you will need an active internet connection. If you have a slower connection you may find that the game stalls and it’s not as smooth so find somewhere that has a good internet connection. Of course, most games (even console and PC games) require a good internet connection these days (even if there is no online play element), so this is something that’s almost not worth saying. Therefore, this may not work all that well if you’re at an internet cafe or at a coffee shop where there are dozens of people sharing internet at the same time.
Manymo Online Emulator
Really the only option you have to play Subway Surfers online is to use an awesome service called Manymo. Manymo is an online Android emulator. This mimics the Android operating system on a virtual space, similar to a blade server if you’ve ever used one. Basically, you can setup a screen size depending on your choosing and the window will act exactly as an Android would work with all the functionality, etc.
Now, let’s walk you through the steps required to get Manymo up and running on your PC or Mac.
- First, you will want to go into Google Play and search for Subway Surfers in the search bar. Then download the app to your desktop to be used later. You will want to make a copy of the apk file because if you play the game often online you will need it each time.
- Next, head over to Manymo and sign up for their service. It’s completely free at first, but you may need to eventually pay for the service if you use it very often. Depending on your needs you can tier different pricing from 100 virtual emulator sessions a month to unlimited. The great thing is you don’t need to sign up with a credit card if you go with the free version.
- Once you’re at the Manymo site you will want to click on the Launch An App With The Emulator link at the top of the emulators page.
- Then, you will notice an option to drag and drop in an apk file or browse on your computer to find the apk file to upload. Navigate to your Subway Surfers apk and upload the file.
- Now you’re ready to setup your emulator, choose which one you want to launch. I would recommend going with one that has a similar screen resolution to the computer you’re working on. That way you won’t have the game either too big or too small when you go to launch it.
- The emulator will load automatically and launch the app. Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy playing Subway Surfers online. Enjoy!
Subway Surfers For PC
If you’ve decided it’s not work eventually paying to play Subway Surfers online and you’re ready to take the plunge to actually download an emulator to your PC and play on their then I’ve got your guide right here. Luckily, you will not have to pay for the emulator at all, it’s completely free but may come with some ads or preinstalled games.
My favorite Android emulator to download is Andy, it’s a relatively new emulator but has by far less bugs than any of the competition, including BlueStacks. I’ve found it simply works better whereas with BlueStacks there are constantly errors that it doesn’t recognize my graphics card and such.
- Head over to Andy and download their Android emulator to your computer. From there, install it and follow the initial setup steps.
- You will need to sign in to your Google Play account same as with Manymo. Make sure you have an account that is verified or it won’t work. From there, you will want to go through the process of the 1 click sync.
- The 1 click sync will allow you to sync all of your apps and information from your Google Play account on another device to the emulator.
- You may notice that Subway Surfers for PC automatically syncs with your Google Play account and from there you can just double click it and start playing.
- If the app doesn’t automatically sync with your account you can use the Google Play search to find and download the app. That’s it, now you can enjoy playing Subway Surfers.
This trick above works also on a Mac if you want to use a Mac instead, just follow the exact same steps but you will still need a Google Play account and you can’t use an iOS account.
That wraps up this guide and hopefully you have a good sense of how to download and play Subway Surfers online and for PC. Welcome to a whole new world of playing the mischievous little guy and escaping from the mean inspector. Let me know below in the comments if you have any other tips and please share on Facebook or Twitter if you’ve enjoyed this post!