If you have heard about a Clash of Clans hack then you must already play the game and have realized how difficult it is to earn gems. It is a rare but important currency in the strategy game. You are smart to ask about the legitimacy of the hack before trying it out because you will be very disappointed and regretful if you tried it without asking. Is the Clash of Clans gem hack real? Well, yes and no.
Here’s an explanation:
What Are Gems Used For in Clash of Clans?
First you should understand the importance of gems in the game and why people are willing to hack their phones to obtain them. Gems can be used for several purposes in Clash of Clan:
- Speed up builds
- Speed up training of troops in the barracks
- Purchase items such as the builder’s huts
- Purchase resources like gold, elixir, and Dark elixir
- Purchase shields to protect the town for periods of time
- Heal Heroes
- Speed up production of elixirs and dark elixirs
See how important gems are? The problem is that you don’t obtain gems easily in the game. That is because the game makers (Supercell) want you to spend actual money on gems. It is how the company makes money on a freemium game. You don’t want to spend money so you are tempted to try out one of those hacks you keep hearing about.
What Are the Clash of Clan Hacks?
There are three types of hacks you might hear about on the Internet about obtaining Clash of Clans gems free. They are using a generator, hacking your device, and using a modded version of the game. Let’s take a look at all three options:
- Using a Gem Generator:This is the gem hack you will see most often when searching online. There are dozens of websites that claim you can easily generate tons of gems by simply entering your gamer name. Sounds too good to be true? That’s because it is.
These websites are scams to trick people into providing them with personal information. Many require that you fill out certain surveys, perform tasks, or sign up for offers to get your free gems. As you work your way through the requirements you hand over your personal information (email, address, phone number) and never receive a single gem once complete. That’s because these websites can’t get into your account and give you free gems. They now have your information and will bombard you with scam calls, emails, and texts.
- Using a Phone Hack:Another way to get unlimited gems is to actually hack your device. For Android phones, this requires rooting it so you get administrator privileges. For iOS devices, it requires jailbreak so you get administrator privileges. This means that you can get into areas of the phone that you aren’t supposed to get into and fiddle with the settings.
The hacks usually involve downloading files and programs and then messing with settings within Clash of Clans so you can change the amount of gems you have. These hacks are real and do work. That is, they work until Supercell figures it out and bans the hack. Which they always do.
Also, if Supercell catches on that you use the hack then you will be banned from the game. It’s not really worth it to use a hack that won’t work long and then get banned from the game entirely.
- Using a Modded Version: Clash of Clans works using servers, like many games do nowadays. Clever gamers have developed modded versions of the game that use private servers that allow you to have unlimited resources. You can only play against other people also using the private server. It can be complicated installing these mods and you won’t have that many people to play against which just might ruin the fun. You can also be banned from the game entirely if you are found using mods.
As you can see, Clash of Clans hacks are real but they aren’t safe to use, are regularly shut down, and you will be banned from the game if you use them.
How to Safely Earn Gems in Clash of Clans
There are some tricks to getting gems in Clash of Clans without cheating. It won’t be as quick as cheating, but it will make things easier. Use these tips to obtain gems easily:
- Clear Obstacles:This is by far the best way to obtain gems in Clash of Clans. It does take time though. The land is riddled with rocks and bushes that you must remove to make way for buildings. You use gold to remove them and every time an obstacle you can receive gems. The amount of gems you receive follows a specific pattern and you get between 0 and 6 gems for each obstacle. Once you remove so many (5, 50, 500) obstacles in an area you are rewarded with more gems.
You can keep making use of this trick by letting bushes regrow. A bush will regrow as long as it has a space and the eight spaces around it free from any buildings or decorations. It will grow back after 8 hours and you can remove it for more gems. Keep those spaces open so you can keep reaping the rewards.
- Complete Achievements:Achievements are tasks you can complete in the game to earn rewards. Often these rewards include gems. The amount of gems you receive depends on the difficulty of the achievement. Easier ones net you less gems but are quick to get without much effort. Keep checking your achievements and work towards completing them. As you go along, harder achievements will appear with better rewards.
You must claim your rewards when you complete an achievement by tapping the “claim reward” button in the menu. If you don’t do that, the reward just sits. Always keep checking the achievements because you never know when you might complete one without realizing it.