So you want to learn how to play Clash of Clans on a private server. Well then, you have two options. You can play on your computer or on you device (tablet or phone). Both have pros and cons so the choice is yours based on your preferences. The process is very simple. Years ago when Clash of Clans first came out you had to root or jailbreak your device to play on a private server. Those days are gone and it now only takes a few minutes to start playing CoC on a private server.
Understanding Private Servers
It is important to know what it is you are downloading before you do it. Clash of Clans has all players on a main dedicated server that is tracked and modded by the game makers (SuperCell). That means you can’t cheat. A private server is one that is modded by someone else and allows cheating, such as unlimited resources. If you play on a private server you play against others on the same server with the same cheats as you.
The private server is basically the entire game but with modifications. You don’t have to download the main game to use a private server. It is all in one file. Apps are always APK files. Even modded ones. Never download a file that claims to be a private server that isn’t an APK file.
Playing Clash of Clans on a Private Server – Devices
If you want to play Clash of Clans on your tablet or phone you will need to follow these steps. Playing on your device is easy and probably what you are used to already. The only real downside to playing a private server on your device is that you risk downloading malware, viruses, or allowing a scammer to get administrative power on your device. As long as you are careful about where you obtain your Clash of Clans file then you won’t have that issue.
What You Need:
- Mini USB cable (or some way to connect device to PC)
- Clash of Clans Private Server APK
- Device with Special Settings
- The first thing you should do is make sure you have those special settings on your device. You have to give your device permission to install apps from outside sources (that is, places other than trusted app stores like the Google Play Store). This is not allowed by default to protect your device. To change the settings follow these steps for both Android and iOS:
- Go to settings on your device
- Scroll down and tap “Security”
- Scroll down until you find the “Unknown Sources” option. On Android tap the box so that a check mark appears. On iOS toggle the switch to on.
- Go to a trusted APK download site on your PC, such as APKPure, and do a search for Clash of Clans Private Server. Choose to download any of the APK files. Sometimes you might have to try more than one because the private server is no longer working or being used. Once you get one that downloads you are ready to move it to your device.
- Connect your device and your PC but whatever method you choose. Open the File Explorer on your PC and locate the Clash of Clans Private Server APK file you downloaded. Drag and drop the file to your device. You can place it almost anywhere on the device but make sure to put it in a folder that you will remember and can access easily.
- Disconnect your device and PC. Locate the APK file on your device and tap it to install. The device will warn you that it isn’t a trusted source but allow the installation anyway.
- Tap on the game icon once installed and have fun playing.
Playing Clash of Clans on a Private Server – PC
Playing on a private server on your PC gives some extra protection from scammers. Your PC has anti-virus and anti-malware software to catch bad files. Also, an APK file with viruses or malware won’t work on your PC because they are very different machines and work differently. The problem with playing on your PC is that not all apps work well. If your PC has touch screen capabilities then you won’t have a problem, but if it doesn’t you won’t be able to play apps well that require swiping because you can’t swipe with a mouse.
What You Need:
- Google Play Store Account
- Clash of Clans Private Server APK
- If you don’t have a Google Play Store Account then get one before you start. If you already play apps on a device then you already have an account and can just use that one. If you are planning to use your PC as your device then go to the Google Play site and create an account.
- Go to BlueStacks website. BlueStacks is a tablet emulator. An emulator is a program that mimics something else for use on your PC. In this case, it mimics a tablet or phone device. It turns your PC into a tablet and allows it play apps.
- Click to download the program and then follow the on screen instructions to install it.
- Open BlueStacks and follow the instructions to enter your Google Play account credentials.
- Go to a trusted APK download site, such as APKPure, and search for Clash of Clans private server APK. Download whichever you choose. You may need to try several before you find one that exists because sometimes the servers no longer work or are being used.
- Once the APK file is downloaded click on it to install. BlueStacks will install the app automatically for you.
- Go to BlueStacks and click on the icon for Clash of Clans. Have fun playing.
You now know how to play Clash of Clans on a private server on either your PC or your device. As long as you are safe about where you download APK files you won’t have any problems following these steps.