Clash Royale is a fun game that combines several different game types including cards and strategy. It has become very popular and you might want to give it a try yourself. The problem is that you don’t have Google Play or iTunes on your tablet or phone. Many off brand devices use different app stores that don’t carry all of the apps you want. You are not out of luck, though. Here you can learn how to download Clash Royale APK for free.
What is Clash Royale APK?
APK is the file extension for all apps. All computer files have an extension. You probably recognize many including DOC for Word files, JPG for picture files, and EXE for program files. They are the letters you see at the end of a file name (.doc, .jpg, .exe). It is the same for apps with .apk at the end of the file name. The extension is what tells the computer what the file is and how to open it. Without it the app won’t load.
In order to play Clash Royale you have to have the APK file on your device. Usually you would download the file from Google Play or iTunes, but you don’t have that option on your tablet or phone so you must down the APK file from somewhere else.
Where to Get APK Files
There are many online sites that provide APK files of apps for you to download completely free. You do have to be careful which sites you use because some might not be safe. You don’t want to download a virus instead of Clash Royale, right? Choose an APK site that has many good reviews and the ability to contact someone who works at the site if you need help. Contacting someone tells you a site is safe because someone who is trying to scam you or give your viruses isn’t going to let you talk to them.
Keep in mind that not all apps are free to download. Many require a fee but you can find them on APK sites for free. Downloading an app free on an APK site instead of paying for it is technically piracy. Clash Royale, though, is a free app with in-app purchasing so you won’t get in trouble for downloading it at one of these sites.
Here are a few of the best APK sites to download apps from:
Preparing Your Device to Download APK Files
Before you can install APK files on your device you need to make a settings change. Device are set to only let you install files from recognized sources such as Google Play Store or iTunes. You must turn that off and allow unknown sources or the device won’t install the app and won’t recognize the file.
- Tap on Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap Security
- Scroll down and tap the Unknown Sources option so you see a checkmark in the little box
How to Download an APK File
You know where to get your hands on a Clash Royale APK file but how do you download it to use it on your device? You have two options here. The first is to download it straight from your device. The second is to download the APK file to your computer.
- From Your Device:Open the browser on your device and go to one of the trusted APK download sites listed above. Not every site is mobile friendly so if the page doesn’t load very well on your device you might want to try the PC download option instead. Do a search for Clash Royale and find the newest version (Find the highest number or the newest date). Tap on the file link and it will automatically download to your device.
- From Your Computer:Open the browser on your PC and navigate to one of the APK download sites listed above. Do a search for Clash Royale and find the newest update of the game. It will have the highest number or newest date listed. Click on the file link or download button and the file will automatically download to your computer. If you don’t choose a different download location it will usually go to “downloads.”
How to Install an APK File on Your Device
Now that you have the APK file on your tablet, phone, or computer you need to install it so it plays on your device. Let’s start with the easiest way to do this which is if you downloaded the APK file right from your device. Then on to the more difficult way to install apps through your computer.
- From Your Device:When you tapped on the APK file on your device a notification popped up telling you that you were downloading something, right? Once it is done downloading you just have to tap the notification and the device will ask if you want to install or tell you it is safe to install. Just tap “OK” and the app will install.
If for some reason you swiped closed the notification while the file was downloading, don’t worry because it is easy to find. The file will have downloaded to the “Downloads” folder on your device. Just find it and tap for it to install.
- From Your Computer:This process is a little bit more complicated. You have to connect your device and computer using a USB cable. Once you do, the device will ask if you want to charge or use it as a media device. Choose media device. You should only have to do that once.
Open File Explorer on your computer and find your device on the left hand side. Click on it to open all the folders inside and choose which one you want to save the APK file in. It really doesn’t matter which one. Then locate your APK file on your computer where you downloaded it (or in Downloads) and drag and drop it to the device folder you chose.
After that just unplug the device from the computer, find the file on your phone, and tap to install.
You now know how to download Clash Royale APK for free on your device. Keep in mind that the game updates regularly and you will have to manually install new updates when they pop up.
Just because you don’t have Google Play Store or iTunes on your device doesn’t mean you can’t play games like Clash Royale. Learn how to download Clash Royale APK for free on any device.