If you’ve played Choices, you know that it is a binge-worthy game you just cannot stop playing. You may be looking for games similar to Choices. It has great images, interesting plotlines, surprises, and more. It really makes you feel like you are in the story, living in the world the creators made for you.
These interactive story apps and choice-based games are very popular, which means you have plenty of options that will match any scenario you want to find yourself in, but with so many options, it can be difficult to choose.
Apps Like Choices
Choices isn’t the only option out there. If you like that game, what is to say you won’t like some others? Since it was so popular, there are plenty of other options out there. Take a look at some of our favorites.
1- Lady Popular
Lady Popular is a Choices alternative which allows you to live your life and build a dream world. For younger girls, you can dress yourself, decorate your apartment, fall in love, and more. With beautiful images and plenty of options to make your character look like whatever you want, there is no surprise that it is one of the most popular options. It feels a bit basic at times, but there is some surprising depth as well.
As you move through the app, you will have to make choices which will lead you to different situations and scenarios. Something as simple as a hairstyle can change how you play the game. You don’t need to spend any money to play this game, but it helps.
- Pros: Deep storylines, plenty of options to personalize your character, free to play, guilds to make friends, and a seemingly never-ending storyline.
- Cons: There are some slow parts, some of the better outfits and styles cost money.
2- Love Kpop Idol
Do you love Kpop? If you do, Love Kpop Idol is the perfect choice-based game for you. In this game, you are the CEO of a company, and you need to make the best teen group you can.
You get to choose the members, train your idols, scout new members, and manage the sales of everything from concert tickets to albums. There are plenty of features that make this game feel interesting and fun, and if you are a Kpop fan, you will see quite a few familiar personalities and styles.
- Pros: Great for fans of Kpop, good soundtrack, and very few bugs.
- Cons: Some limited features, the graphics aren’t as exciting as some other apps, and some limits to the storylines.
3- The Flowershop: Winter in Fairbrook
If you are a fan of choice-based games, you have probably played games from Winter Wolves before. However, their newest offering, The Flowershop: Winter in Fairbrook, is a standout. You don’t need to play the first game before this one, but it helps. If you want to play Summer in Fairbrook, it helps you to succeed in this game.
In this game, you play as college freshman Natalie, who needs to get a job on winter break. She ends up in a flower shop, and romance ensues. She gets to choose from four different boys—including Steve, who will be recognized by fans of the first game.
There are nine unique endings to this story, so there aren’t as many options as some of the other games on this list. However, the storyline is paced well and it feels like it was planned out as opposed to forced like some other games.
- Pros: Continuation of the Summer in Fairbrook series, easy to play, a good storyline, and beautiful graphics.
- Cons: Can feel slightly predictable, some Mary-Sue characters, and it doesn’t feel completely new.
4- Liar! Uncover the Truth
Do you have an ex that you wish you could go back and tell them exactly what you think about them? Liar! Uncover the Truth is a game that will allow you to let out those emotions.
In this game, you meet 10 men, and you have to figure out which one is the good one—and it is quite difficult. You have to pay attention to this one. It isn’t the kind of game you can play while doing something else.
These men are trying to sway your character, but they may just end up swaying you.
- Pros: Absolutely gorgeous graphics, good gameplay, exciting, and it feels unlike other games.
- Cons: It feels somewhat simple compared to other apps, some characters feel underdeveloped, and can be a bit tricky at times.
5- Frozen Essence
If you like Choices but want an alternative that is a bit more fantasy themed, Frozen Essence is a great choice. There are more than a dozen different endings to this game, so it is quite comparable to Choices.
In this game, you play Mina who is trapped in a crystal prison and has no idea how she got there. She will slowly come out of that prison, and you need to help her rebuild her life. There is an oracle who guides you, so it is easy to figure out. However, there are some surprises that you cannot plan for, so be prepared for that.
- Pros: Free, extremely high-quality graphics, colorful, and it feels unique compared to some of the other games on the list.
- Cons: Not as many characters as other games, some pacing problems, and a few glitches here and there.
If you are looking for romance, then Roommates is a great option for you. It is an adventure-based story which allows you to make choices. One great option is that you can play as Anne or Max. Each one has a different set of events that happen during their freshman year of college. They are roommates, so you will see a lot of the same storylines and characters in both stories. Even so, they are different.
One thing that sticks out in this game is that the conversations and characters feel so believable. Someone really took a lot of time to think out what people would actually do and say in this situation.
- Pros: Believable storylines, great dialogue, unique plot points, and dynamic background music.
- Cons: One thing that bothers me is that some of the storylines seem to be a bit of leap. You have to suspend belief.
7- Love and Order
Finally, Love and Order brings two popular Choices storylines together: romance and mystery. A great platform from the ever-reliable Winter Wolves, Love and Order was released in 2011 and it still has devoted players.
Set in Canada, the game focuses on lawyers at the Offices of the Crown Attorney. You’ll play as Dana LaRose, who is new to the office and realizes quickly that something is up—and she’s right. You get to figure out just what is going on while trying to find love at the same time.
- Pros: A great blend of different genres, beautiful graphics, and you get time to make your decisions.
- Cons: It can feel like you are being pulled in different directions, slower pace, and sometimes improbable storylines.
If you are looking for different games to play—and an alternative to Choices—try some of the options on this list. While there are plenty more, these are some of the most interesting and best options available to you.