Best Clash Royale Arena 3 Deck
Clash Royale is an immensely addictive mobile (or PC/Mac) strategy game from the makers of Clash of Clans. Using collectible cards, players battle against each other to defeat enemy units and claim the Crowns of the opposing team, the winner being whoever has collected the most Crowns once the time limit has been reached. Players progress through the game by leveling up their cards and earning XP, as well as by winning trophies from matches. When a certain amount of trophies has been reached, players will unlock a new Arena to play in, with each arena unlocking unique cards. The game’s third arena is known as “Barbarian Bowl,” this guide will provide examples and help you to create the best Clash Royale Arena 3 deck possible.
There are three different types of cards in Clash Royale,and after picking eight cards to have in your deck, they will be randomly drawn into your hand of four cards throughout the match.
- Troop Cards (attack the enemy on your behalf)
- Spell Cards (allow you to directly attack the enemy)
- Building Cards (create offensive or defensive buildings to distract enemy troops)
A good deck will be made up of a selection of each type of card. In Arena 3 you will not have a huge variety of cards to choose from, but this is not necessarily a bad thing, it makes things much less confusing and gives you the chance to level up weaker cards.
Before you can make a successful Arena 3 deck, you will need to ensure that you have a good range of cards available for use. Cards are earned from Chests awarded in victorious battles, which are also given away every couple of hours. It is worth practising with weaker opponents to allow you to unlock rarer and more powerful cards.
As mentioned, at this point in the game you will only have a small selection of cards to choose from, and they must be unlocked in order to be used. Some cards are much rarer (and more powerful) than others.
Available for unlock from the Tutorial level
- Arrows (Spell, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Bomber (Troop, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Archers(Troop, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Knight (Troop, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Fireball(Spell, 4 Elixir, Rare)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A(Troop, 4 Elixir, Rare)
- Musketeer (Troop, 4 Elixir, Rare)
- Giant (Troop, 5 Elixir, Rare)
- Prince(Troop, 5 Elixir, Epic)
- Baby Dragon(Troop, 4 Elixir, Epic)
- Skeleton Army(Troop, 4 Elixir, Epic)
- Witch(Troop, 5 Elixir, Epic)
Available for unlock from Arena 1 – Goblin Stadium
- Spear Goblins(Troop, 2 Elixir, Common)
- Goblins (Troop, 2 Elixir, Common)
- Goblin Hut(Building, 5 Elixir, Rare)
- Valkyrie (Troop, 4 Elixir, Rare)
- Lightning(Spell, 5 Elixir, Epic)
- Goblin Barrel(Spell, 3 Elixir, Epic)
Available for unlock from Arena 2 – Bone Pit
- Skeletons(Troop, 1 Elixir, Common)
- Minions (Troop, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Tombstone(Building, 3 Elixir, Rare)
- Bomb Tower (Building, 5 Elixir, Rare)
- Giant Skeleton (Troop, 6 Elixir, Epic)
- Balloon (Troop, 5 Elixir, Epic)
Available for unlock from Arena 3 – Barbarian Bowl
- Cannon (Building, 3 Elixir, Common)
- Barbarians (Troop, 5 Elixir, Common)
- Rocket (Spell, 6 Elixir, Rare)
- Barbarian Hut (Building, 7 Elixir, Rare)
- Rage (Spell, 2 Elixir, Epic)
- X-Bow (Building, 6 Elixir, Epic)
Instead of sending out a desperate tweet, or messaging your friends to ask them for tips and advice, why not surprise them in the battlefield by using one of these excellent decks? There are many others available online too.
Arena 3 Newbie Deck
When you finally earn enough trophies to enter the game’s third Arena you’ll be up against some powerful cards you’ve never seen before, so this deck – using only cards unlocked before Arena 3 – is a great way to earn chests to unlock the new cards.
- Prince – At this fairly early stage in the game the Prince is an absolute godsend; he’s a pretty great tank and is also capable of some extremely high damage, often earning a crown all on his own.
- Tombstone –It’s pretty likely your opponent will also have a Prince or similar tank at their disposal, and this is the perfect counter at a low price. Tanks will be drawn to this building instead of one of your towers.
- Witch – As well as providing a stream of skeletons to annoy your opponent, her attack is also pretty powerful. This card is especially good when twinned with the
- Spear Goblins – As they can attack from a distance, they’re a great way to whittle down your opponents health from afar.
- Musketeer – Use in a similar way to the Spear Goblins, and – as with the latter – can target airborne opponents.
- Minions –Though they only have small HP, they have a low Elixir cost and can often be the difference between victory and failure.
Mini Dragon –With surprisingly high HP, this card is great at taking out big groups of enemies with its splash-damage fire attack.
- Fireball –At this stage in the game, few decks are complete without this great card, it is perfect for protecting your troops from swarming attackers.
Deck incorporating cards from Arena 3
Now that you’ve unlocked a few cards from Arena 3, it’s time to add them to your deck. This selection is particularly cost effective, providing a high number of Troops for play at any time.
- Giant– A tank with powerful attacks which only targets buildings
- Barbarians – This new card unleashes four melee attackers with decent hit points and damage.
- Barbarian Hut – Spawns two Barbarians every 14 seconds; a great way to ensure your enemy is always kept on their toes.
- Skeleton Army –These melee attackers have low HP but can overwhelm powerful enemies.
- Knight – A reliable card with a cheap elixir cost, very good at providing emergency aid.
- Goblin Hut-Spawns a Spear Goblinevery 4.9 seconds, further ensuring your opponent never has a second to think.
- Arrows – to protect your weaker units from swarms.
- Rage – The trump card of this deck; this spell increases the attack and movement speed of your troops, leading to some manic moments in this high-intensity setup.
- Cannon – These a great defense card if placed near your towers
- Valkyrie – Provides area damage capable of taking down groups of enemies and has decent HP.
- Skeleton Army – Deploy them to distract enemies from your Cannons(especially those who only target buildings).
- Arrows – Use to take out enemy swarms near your
- Goblin Barrel – Assuming your enemy is concentrating on your half of the battlefield these are great to chip away at their towers.
- Mini P.E.K.K.A –High HP and attack power make this card a vital part of this balanced offensive/defensive deck.
- Spear Goblins –Attack from afar whilst distracting from your offense units and Cannons.
- Rocket –Takes out swarms and weaker enemies, as well as Towers towards the end of the game when their HP is low.
Clash Royaleis quite well balanced, meaning there is no fool-proof way to progress, but this guide has provided you with some great examples for you to use and experiment with to help you create the best Clash Royale Arena 3 deck for your play style.