You got to love the little things in life, like when you unsuspectingly read hilariously funny comments when on YouTube or Facebook. Luckily for you, I’ve compiled a list of some of the best comments.
The popular site Reddit was practically built on it’s users actively commenting and continuing a conversation on their user created posts. Every site hopes to have that kind of interaction, where people are asking and answering questions, providing comedic insight, or simply their point of view.
Below, I’ll outline the funniest comments that I’ve seen on YouTube and Facebook and provide photos of them as well. I’ll also go into some detail about creating your own good comments and how to keep the conversation interesting and lively.
“I actually regard Facebook as a huge bore, but I cannot refrain from participating in it. I guess I crave the feeling of hope it gives me to think that today will be different from yesterday, that I will find an interesting comment or poke or video, and on the extremely rare occasion when that happens, I am just thrilled.” – Roseanne Barr, Comedian
Funny Comments From Facebook and YouTube
Below is a curated list of some of the best comments from around the web, specifically focused on Facebook and YouTube comments. Please leave a comment below with your personal favorite or take a screenshot and let us know below.
Also, share this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest so you can share a laugh with all of your friends!
- And here we see Dizzy Gillespie, storing jazz in his cheeks for the coming winter
- Whoa, Nicki really cleaned herself up. Good for her.
- If this animal asked me to kill someone I would no questions asked
- I know I’m in the indie part of YouTube when the suggestion bar is all in sepia tone
- What if my opponent has arms, what do I do then?
- Wow, 1.7 million people are interested in a weather report that’s over a year old!
- That’s the most talented pineapple I’ve ever seen
- Why is this piece of beef jerky talking
- That’s exactly how I look after I take a dump then realize there’s no toilet paper and have to get up and go find some
- God made him gay because if he was straight no other man would have a chance with any girl
- This man looks like science
- We are really sorry for this
- This will be really useful for when Apple Maps drives you into the ocean
- Really should stop quoting this line in bed
- How do we know you’re not a giant
- I can’t believe that one of these creatures could kill Osama bin laden
- It’s pretty easy for Simba and Mufasa to be singing about the circle of life when they’re the ones on the top of the food chains. I bet those Zebras hate that song.
- The musical selection, camera angles, and the complete lack of people all combine to add a surreal touch to this video
- What am I doing with my life
- My goldfish saw this and now he’s a shark
- My moms got one of those but I don’t think it’s a gummy worm
- She looks like the kind of girl who acts all sweet and then when gets criticism goes home and microwaves her hamster
- I watch this before a fight with my girlfriend
- His eyebrows slipped down his face
- Is it safe? Good question from a girl that hangs out with a tiger
- I would never bungee jump, I came into this world because of a broken rubber and I’m not going out because of one.
- So fake, I’ve been hunting sodas for years and never seen so many wild sodas in a group.
- How do people do this, I tried to draw a tree yesterday and got so angry that I had to lay down and count to ten
- How do I unlock the drum player?
- Her eyebrows look like two sperm cells facing off
- Trust me, I’m an engineer
- I would never hit a woman unless it was absolutely necessary. Like when the dishes aren’t done.
- It’s a bit insensitive to ask a blind girl “is it me you’re looking for?”
- Worlds are conquered, galaxies are destroyed, but a woman is always a woman. Unless you live in Thailand
- I just saw a Korean guy out in the sun walking his dog, probably warming up his dinner
- Aw, this looks like someone couldn’t get past the water temple
- If you took the word “away” out of the title it would be a very different video
- I love my country so much that I piss red white and blue. My doctor said it was pancreatic cancer but I told him he was a commie.
- Snoop dog wouldn’t want to live in the ocean, smoking would be impossible
- I wouldn’t say that’s the best red card; it has good sharp edges and a scarlet color. However, I’ve seen better red cards made by other companies.
- I know he wrote this song about me, but I’m just not feeling it
- This is the only comment on YouTube where the top comments are nice and polite and well reasoned.
- So glad their boots are on, wouldn’t want the girls to get cold.
- Don’t live for yesterday, live for tomorrow, and live in today because tomorrow comes today.
- Bruno Mars had a Grenade, and Tiao Cruz had Dynamite, so they both threw them at Katy Perry who exploded like a firework. The bang was so loud that the Black Eyed Peas forgot The Time, while Rihanna had memory loss and ran around saying What’s My Name. Eminem looked around and said I’m Not Afraid, when Willow Smith began to Whip Her Hair, which started a Far East Movement. They then crashed their G6 into a club and stopped Party Rocking. Luckily for Nelly, it was all Just a Dream.
- Wars have never been cheap, name one which was and I’d be surprised. Star Wars only cost 11 million dollars and earned 70 times that much back
- I can handle ads. I can handle buffer, but when ads buffer, I suffer
- The sun is so bright I wish I had a baseball cap to protect my eyes
- Your English was so bad that Google gave me the option to translate it to English.
- I like her because of her personality
- I rate this pic a 7.8 on the chubby scale
- I don’t believe that your hair was honestly intended to be the focal point of this picture
- You look like that kid from
- I have no idea what to comment here so here’s a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon.
- When did you become Skrillex? One day a long time ago I was on the lake with my dad and we were fishing. We had a great day and all of a sudden I got a bit and my dad pulled it in. Dad was thrilled as I pulled it out of the water and unhooked it, it slipped away from me and I was so upset. This was the first time I dropped the bass.
- You’re at GameStop and this guy slaps your girlfriend, what do you do? Trick question. If you’re at GameStop you don’t have a girlfriend.
- People get so many likes on the stupidest status I’ve ever seen. “Dropping out of school to become a cat.”
- Awesome night. Dry spell = broken. Mom, why’d you like this!
- Typing this with my left hand
- Dear God, take Bieber and give us back Mozart. Thank You.
- When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer its “art” and “music.” But, when I do it, I’m “wasted” and “have to leave Home Depot.”
- Drake has rake in his name and in the picture there are leaves everywhere. I think it’s a subliminal message. Drake wants us to rake our lawns people. Look how pissed he looks about this serious problem.
- It appears Firefox has encountered a problem with Windows
- I can’t concentrate on the video while Nicki Minaj is staring at me
- 1 shot, car flips, completely logical
- When my dad walked in I just switched to Katy Perry because it was easier to explain
- There’s enough metal in this song to rebuild the Twin Towers
- Kind of looks like a female version of Steven Tyler
- If Harry Potter doesn’t exist, who wrote Harry Potter?
- It’s Snape!
- This is phenomenal, I’ve never seen a talking mushroom before
- We need a Rosetta Stone, ASAP!
- *Uses a small cross bow. How do we know you’re not a giant!
- Yea, you think it’s pathetic now but when it grows up it’s going to become the Dragon Warrior and save China.
- You’re my guitar hero, keep playing guitar and killer licks forever. Love mom.
- Did I just spend 8 minutes watching people walk in a line?
- Pause this video at 3:08
- Does it have an off switch? Yes, it’s called a shotgun
- It’s like seeing Tom Riddle before he turned into Voldemort
- So…call me maybe?
That wraps up the top 90 comments from Facebook and YouTube. Make sure you let us know below if you’ve seen other great ones around the web!
How To Make Funny Comments
If you read through the comments a lot of them have similar tones to them and you can get an idea of how to construct your very own quotes that will make people laugh.
Tip 1: The first tip is to be very literal to the point that many people wouldn’t even think of that. For example, the comment that “What if my opponent has arms, what do I do then?” is extremely literal and super funny. The user is playing off of the fact that the video is using a dummy without any arms. Most people would overlook this and think that’s just normal but you can use it as a prime example.
Tip 2: Another option is to just make fun of someone in the video or some thing in the video. This has to be tactful, you don’t want to insult someone or make them feel bad but there are good ways to poke fun of people and it still be super funny.
Tip 3: Read through a bunch of content from comedians, follow funny people on Facebook and Twitter and you’ll get a sense of how to make quick and short snippets that will make people laugh. Ultimately, that’s the goal, is to make people laugh.
Tip 4: Take something that is an extreme and poke fun of it. You can comment about how small something is or how big it is, etc. Hyperbole is often used as a good way to make people smile.
That wraps up this ultimate list of funny comments throughout your favorite sites like Facebook and YouTube.
Make sure you share this post with all of your friends so they can have a bit of a laugh as well!