The right words can comfort a mind, encourage a soul, or express the heart’s deepest, most passionate affection. Yet, we all have times when our own words fail us when wanting to convey a fitting sentiment. Sometimes, we just know that somebody else has already said it better than we ever could, so we look for a quote to share. Maybe one of these 25 Heart Touching Quotes will help you express the love, inspiration, and encouragement that you wish to share with someone.
When we want to find just the right words to share with another, be it a passionate declaration of enduring love or encouragement in difficult times, it is often a challenge to put the words together. We want to say it sincerely yet succinctly, with words that fit and flow together well. That is sometimes harder than it sounds, so we may search online for a phrase similar to what we have in mind, or a selection of quotes on the emotion or attitude we want to express. Upon finding the phrase that best echoes what we feel, we may use the exact quote with attribution or we may craft our own sentiment based on the words and structure of the quote. Either way, the quote is helpful.
We may want to jot the quote onto a card, type it into a chat message or e-mail, or say it directly to the person when we see them. More often today, we are sharing thoughts and feelings online, using social networking sites to post them for others to see.
One popular way to express how we feel, be it using our own words or a quote, is by posting a “quote graphic” on our Facebook timeline, on our Instagram page, or in other forms of social media. You can easily make your own on an app like MS Publisher, Photoshop, and many others designed for publishing or photo editing. You can make backgrounds for your quotes from your own pictures, using your computer’s clip art, or at a site that provides free-to-use public domain images.
One of the easiest ways to make a quote graphic is calling on an app to do it. Quozio is an online app for that. Of the ones I tried, Quozio wins hands down for its combination of easy to understand instructions, choice of backgrounds and text, and how simple it is to sign up for an account that lets you save your creations. You won’t believe how fast and easy it is!
- Enter the text of your quote.
- Enter “Who said it?” or leave that blank.
- Click “Go.”
- If you want to change your background image, browse the gallery at the top of the screen and click one.
- When your quote graphic looks just right, click “Send” or “Keep” right below the bottom of your graphic.
- If you want to keep, you can sign in using Facebook.
The McCartney quote graphic here was made using Quozio. The only weakness I found on Quozio is that there is no way to change the font or size of your text. Certain font styles and colors go along with each of the backgrounds there. Fortunately, Quozio does a really good job of matching fonts, colors, and graphics, but you are not able to choose for yourself. They may do that to keep it simple to use. Sites offering more options either limit you on a free membership or the interface is not as easy to understand as that on Quozio. Even taking away for that lack of font choice, Quozio gets a 4.9 out of 5 stars with its closest competitor earning no more than 3.5 stars. I always favor the straight-forward, easy-to-use interface above almost any other factor in any tool or app.
When you want to say something that’s just right for the one you love, a good quote can fill the bill or at least get you started. You may want to declare your love to the one you love, or to offer encouragement and inspiration to the one you love that’s experiencing disappointment, or going through a trial. Our collection includes quotes by authors from Oscar Wilde to Dr. Seuss, and beloved women from Marilyn Monroe to Mother Teresa. All attributions (other than anonymous) are linked so that you can read a bit about the person if you aren’t sure you know who it is.
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. — Dr. Seuss
- Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive. — Anonymous
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. — Aristotle
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. — A. A. Milne
- You are my best friend, my human diary and my other half. You mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU. — Anonymous
- You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I LOVE YOU. — Pride & Prejudice
- I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you. — Anonymous
- You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear. — Oscar Wilde
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. — When Harry Met Sally
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. — Mother Teresa
- If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. — Emily Dickinson
- The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space. — Marilyn Monroe
- You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness. — Julia Roberts
- There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.’ — Tom Hanks
- And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make. — Paul McCartney
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. — Charles Schulz
- Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. — Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart. — Helen Keller
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. — Aesop
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. — Francis of Assisi
- The waters are rising, but so am I. I am not going under, but over. — Catherine Booth
- Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. — Warren Buffett
- What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. — – Charlotte Bronte
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. — Dr. Seuss
That’s right. We started and ended with Dr. Seuss. For truly, other than The Holy Bible, what collection of books has taught us more about life and truth than that of Dr. Seuss?
A Couple Quotes That Didn’t Make the Cut
While doing research for this article, I came across a couple of quotes that were dynamic, inspiring, and encouraging in their own ways but which did not mesh perfectly with the theme of “heart touching.” Still, they are worth sharing, as an afterthought, if you will.
This quote from Muhammad Ali, if you let it sink in, is in its own way heart touching and inspiring, though markedly different from most of the quotes in our list:
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.”
Then there’s this one from Mae West that also warms the heart in a style all her own:
“A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him.”
And, finally, this quote attributed to Marilyn Monroe appears in blogs and quote graphics all over the Internet, becoming a favorite because it sums up well how a lot of young women feel:
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as h*ll don’t deserve me at my best.”
The main problem with that one is that Marilyn never said it. It’s a great quote. Take it to heart. I like it, so I’m sharing it. It’s just not from Marilyn.
A Fount of Expression
No matter the size of our vocabulary or extent of our education, we are all at a loss for words at one time or another. This is especially true when we want to tell someone how much they mean to us, or to comfort and encourage someone when life gets difficult for them. Fortunately, well-spoken, wise, compassionate and composed individuals have shared their ideas and feelings on love, dreams, realizations, inspirations, and every form of passion in books, diaries, interviews, movies, and other forms over the years. We can turn to that fount of expression for help when we cannot say something just right.
Once you have the quote that fits — like one of the 25 Heart Touching Quotes you just read here — you can share it in an email or make a quote graphic for your Facebook timeline. What matters is that you took the time to find it, to refine it, and to make sure it gets to that one special person.