Everyone likes a joke, especially true when you’re breaking the ice with a new friend, to get a conversation started, or when you need to liven things up a bit. Kurt Vonnegut, who was the youngest child in his family, once famously said that he became a joker, because jokes were the only way young children could break into a conversation where everybody is older.
Jokes still serve this purpose today, as they can help you ease your transition into new scenes or social circles.
It’s important to add a bit of fun to conversations so that they don’t die out or get so dull that no one wants to chat with you. In general, humorous people tend to have more friends and people like being around them.
That is why I’m going into detail on how to create your own funny Snapchats from ideas and drawings around the internet and some key tips to make sure you make the most out of that awesome snap you just took of someone in Walmart or your friend after a long night of drinking.
A lot of the ideas below are a compilation of previous work, that I’ll try to include examples where people actually pulled them off and you can see the drawings or emoji text that makes the image even more funny. After all, the entire point of social media apps (particularly visual ones like Intagram, Vine, or Snapchat) is that sometimes words are insufficient to communicate. So it wouldn’t be a good fit for me just to talk about these things without actually showing you what I mean.
“Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.” – Walt Disney
Below, to kick things off and to give some examples, I’ve compiled the top funny Snapchats so that you can get some ideas going around and get an idea of what you think is the funniest and best option. Then, you can use that idea to continue to make your own snaps that are on the same level. Focus on what you find funny. If all your friends are laughing at something, and it just isn’t your bag, don’t try to imitate that, because it will only seem like you’re doing an impersonation of something. But when you start to find something funny, then you can focus on why you think it’s so funny. When you find a lot of things funny, you can look for themes. Next thing you know, you’re developing your own humorous voice.
Of course, voice is only part of it. With such a visual medium as what we’re working with here, your eye can be even more important. The ability to see something, and then get an idea of its comic potential.
1. This is a remake of an old favorite where the person continues to crouch down as if they were on an escalator or walking down stairs. Here’s what I’m talking about when I talk about your comic eye. Somebody saw this old icon and made this connection between the guy’s posture and the “funny” stair walk. Probably thousands of people had seen this very same icon without having the same reaction, but now that they’ve seen it, they can’t un-see it!
2. I can’t say it’s a good look, but at least they’re rocking it. Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s Maybelline.
3. Sometimes it’s a long hard journey that you have to take by yourself. No one can help her on this journey.
4. This is awful, I just want to punch whoever this was and tell them to lock it up, asap. But this really calls attention to classical values versus modern visuals. The face on this statue looks exactly like the “Ehermagerd” girl, but tons of people who would turn their nose up at the comic value of that meme would sagely nod at this odd piece of marble, because it’s in a museum.
5. Everyone likes a good wizard, especially one with a huge lollipop for a wand. It’s hard work casting spells all day long.
6. Why, yes, yes it is. This is what girls look like when they hear you lying to them.
7. We all went through this stage where you had to wear braces or a retainer. Not a good look, thankfully it goes by quick. This illustrates another great use, both for Snapchat and comedy, and that is laughing at yourself. If you’re only ever making jokes at the expense of others, then you quickly come across as cynical, or a bully. But when people see that you can laugh at yourself, it goes a long way towards helping them see that you’re fun to be around.
8. I wonder why she’s so quiet, maybe you should listen more and do less playing on your phone while you’re at the dinner table.
9. Long distance relationships do really suck, they’re so close and yet so far. That’s when you tell them you have a treat and it becomes a closer relationship pretty quick.
10. This cat has been partying a little too hard, he really needs a break. But for real, nice gold chain and dolla dolla bills.
11. This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, they really were meant for each other. But where if his hand going, is what I want to know.
12. You have to switch it up a bit more than that Doug, if you want to meet and get some girlfriends or even talk with a girl.
13. I don’t even know where to begin with this image. I have no idea what Leedle is, but it’s pretty darn funny. Sometimes, random humor is where it’s at. Nothing to pick apart, nothing to deconstruct, just some odd image or phrase that hits you the right way at the right moment.
14. Everyone likes a bit of encouragement, but I’m not so sure it’s earned from a score of 51, haha. At least they are upbeat about it.
15. Everyone likes a bearded mermaid that lives “under da sea” full out with red hair and a green fin. I’m impressed someone drew this on their phone.
16. This is so true, especially if you look and see all of the thousands of images of people’s brunch or other foot they post on Instagram and other sites. Good call on the photo after you’re done.
17. No judgement here, you do you but you may want to reconsider. Not only that, it’s kind of a freaky looking little guy on the left with weird almost black eyes.
18. He’s a real Benjamin Franklin in our midst. You may want to step outside for the whole electricity thing, though.
19. Hey, someone look at me, I can do jazz hands! This is by far the most excited mannequin I’ve ever seen.
20. Dollar bills in the strings of your guitar, not completely original, but still pretty funny.
21. This is when you know you’ve made some bad wardrobe decisions lately. You may want to switch it up a bit and veer away from the tile clothes.
22. This is probably one of the best World Cup games I’ve ever seen. I could just watch it for hours on end.
23. There’s something very disturbing about how excited they both are to be going to a funeral. Someone needs to knock some sense into them.
24. I miss the days of drive through car washes, they don’t seem to be as prevalent anymore. I remember growing up that was always fun to be able to drive through, especially when you hit the Unicorn.
25. So sad but so very true. This may not be the best reference to being a dad, granted he was a good dad but it’s a bit morbid that he died at the very beginning.
Funny Snapchat Ideas
As you can see from above, there are a multitude of funny Snapchat ideas that can make whoever you send them to laugh long and hard. Below, I’ll outline some of the key ways to come up with ideas and a few tips to make sure you get the most amount of laughs when you send it out to your friends.
TIP: Remember to know your audience, if you’re sending a snap to your guy friend they may not mind a raunchy joke and find it funny, but you probably wouldn’t want to send the same snap to a potential girlfriend for instance. Look here if you’re curious about how to manually delete a snap. It’s always good to know your audience and tailor the snap to what you think your audience would like and not be offended by.
- First, to come up with ideas I find the best way is to surround yourself with a bunch of examples, so scroll through the images above and find the top 3 or so of your favorites ones. You can also do an image search on google for snapchat ideas to get more examples if you’re still unsure after looking at these.
- Now, it’s time to develop your idea, take the top 2-5 snaps and try to determine what makes them funny and replicate it to your own setting or yourself. For example, the snap where a guy is dressed up as a mermaid would work on anyone, so that is very transferrable to anyone anywhere. However, the last snap is hard to replicate because you would need to find that poster.
- In general there are two types of snap ideas, one is that you randomly take a photo of something funny that you see and send it to your friends. The other is to take a normal photo and either add a funny caption to it or create funny drawings as we will discuss below.
- Lastly, make sure you try a few different options, you don’t have to send the first one you come up with, you can try several of them and send the best one out of the various options.
Funny Snapchat Drawings
Next, we’ll talk about how to create some of the funniest drawings on Snapchat. There are a few key principles that you should keep in mind that will make everything easier and make it more likely that you will have success.
TIP: It’s important that you use a smaller finger when drawing, so make sure you use your pointer finger and you can use your pinky for more detail and finer resolution.
Also, it’s a good idea to download and use Snapchat on your iPad if you have one. That gives you much more surface area to draw, which allows you to get a lot more detail whereas it’s hard to get as much detail on an iPhone or Android. That is especially true if it’s a small screen.
- There are generally three different types of drawings for Snapchat.
- The first is where you take a photo of a person or a thing and you change what they are by drawing on the person. For instance, you could draw someone to look like a pirate if you took a photo of them making a very stern face.
- The other type is adding on an object to the photo. This can be if you add another person, cartoon, animal, or object to the picture to make it funny.
- The last type is to draw in a silly background, like making your friend look like they’re standing on top of Mount Doom.
- Next, you will want to make sure you use all of the potential colors so make sure you know how to draw in black, neon colors, white, and anything in between.
- To draw in white, hold your finger and drag from the color bar to the left hand side
- To draw in black, hold your finger on the color bar and drag down to the bottom of the screen.
- For variations in color you can follow the steps above but not go all the way to the left or down and it will make cool colors.
- Most of the time the more surreal or out of the world ones are more funny. It’s not that funny if you just add a cat to a photo, but more funny if you add an alien, giraffe, lemur, shark, etc. Make sure you think of something that is pretty out there and use that instead of something that everyone sees regularly.
That wraps up this guide on funny Snapshats and hopefully gives you a good basis for coming up with your own funny Snapchat ideas and drawings.Let us know below in the comments what your favorite is and what you used. We also would appreciate if you would share this post if you found it helpful.