We’re always trying to find the best way to say what we think and feel, particularly when faced with limitations in how we can say it, like the 140 character Twitter limit, or, when captioning an image, the challenge of making sure we don’t overburden an image with text. Sometimes, though, we see what someone else has written and realize, “They said it perfectly. This is exactly what I wanted to say.”
This is, of course, exactly how Hallmark has stayed in business all these years. But it’s also what makes a particular Instagram image paired with a quote start to trend. When you’re thinking of your favorite Instagram quotes what will you go to? Do you tend to like funny quotes or cute ones? Will you use your very own saying or use something here?
You’re in luck if you’re not the most creative person and don’t want to create your very own caption, you can use the ones below to your heart’s content. But even if you do want to create your own quotes, and are just stuck on the right wording, this list is for you. By reading through what’s been compiled below, maybe something will click for you, and the right words or phases will suddenly occur to you. Whichever scenario describes you, remember to keep it simple and true to who you are as a person.
I’ll also run through a quick list of suggestions on creating your very own Instagram quotes and what it takes to make one that sticks. Believe me, it’s not as hard as it looks.
“I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Miles Davis
How to Create Instagram Quotes
Let’s get into a bit more information about creating your very own Instagram quote that you will be happy and proud to share with your friends.
Here are some tips that I’ve come across with a little help from some creative and inspirational friends.
1. What do you want the essence of your quote to be? Do you want it to be funny, cute, inspirational, emotional, motivating, etc? It’s important to know what you want before starting so that you will have a clearer idea of how to get there. However, sometimes we get so bogged down in the specific wording of what we want to say that we lose track of what we wanted to say in the first place. We can’t see the forest through all the trees. So keep it clear in your head what you want to say, so you don’t lose track of it amidst all the rewordings and edits that crop up along the way to saying it.
2. Keep it short if possible and no longer than 1-2 short sentences. This is because most people won’t remember a long paragraph or will get bored from a bunch of words and the message will be less powerful. Let’s be honest, a lot of people are lazy and get distracted easily! Particularly on a site like Instagram: the images are the real stars, the words are just there to add context. Given all the food photography on Instagram, perhaps this will be a fitting analogy: the image is the seven course dinner at a five-star restaurant. The caption is just the wine—it’s there to bring out flavors and make the meal more enjoyable, but it isn’t the meal itself.
3. Read through quotes like the ones below to get those creative juices flowing and a good sense of how to come up with your own Instagram quote. You could modify one that is below to make it your own or make a completely new one. All of the best writers have said that what it takes to be a good writer is to be a reader. But that’s only fair, after all: First of all, the more you read, the more diverse an idea you have of what language can do. Second, why is it right for you to expect other people to read what you have to say if you’re not willing to read what others have to say? It’s best to start with a good idea and take it from there.
4. Practice regularly and make sure you try a bunch of different quotes until you find the best one. You may not come up with your favorite one from the start but eventually you may think of one that is killer good. It takes time and patience and practice. After a while, you’ll get an instinctive idea of how the really memorable quotes are structured: length, cadence or scansion (these are just fancy words for the rhythm of the words themselves), order of thoughts, use of figurative language. After a while, you’ll start to internalize this, and it will become much easier to write like this (when you want to) for your Instagram captions (or Twitter posts, or Facebook status updates, et cetera)…
Hopefully those suggestions help you come up with a better idea of how to create your own Instagram quotes that your friends will want to share and like. You’ll be known for being funny and inspirational with just a little work.
Best Instagram Quotes
If you’re looking for funny Instagram quotes or ones that will make you sit back and think this is the place for you. Read through the list below and we hope you enjoy it.
Share on Facebook and Twitter and comment if you have your own famous quotes.
- You can’t fix yourself by breaking someone else
- Your brunch doesn’t belong on Instagram
- Beautiful minds inspire others
- I see your smile in everything and your lips on every girl
- Why not I say?
- Don’t ruin my good day, because you had a bad day
- Instagram Thursday is the worst day
- After every storm, the sun will smile
- The dream is free, the hustle is sold separately
- There are kings of love and kings of hate
- Be yourself, that’s it
- Guess what day it is, the best day of your life
- Single, Taken, Busy Getting Money
- I smile because I know I’m right in the end
- Everything happens for a reason, what that reason is I have no idea
- It’s Monday again, just the worst
- It’s easy to stand out; it takes courage to stand-alone
- Nothing worth having comes easy
- Two things a girl wants, to lose weight, and to eat
- Always think positively
- Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end
This life is simple, wild, and a ton of fun
- This is I being an Instagram star
- This is the moment of my life, let’s put it on Instagram!
- You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic
- Open your mind and think a bit differently
- Never regret anything, I don’t
- You know you have made the right decision when there is peace in your heart
- Do what people say you can’t and smile as you look back at them?
- Always find a reason to laugh. It may not add years to your life but will surely add life to your years
- God has that perfect person picked out for you, remember His timing is perfect
- I want you to want me the way I want you
- Nothing compares to a beautiful conversation with a beautiful person
- Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, regret nothing, and don’t let people bring you down.
- He is my heart and soul, he has everything of me
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything
- When it’s real, you’ll know it deep down
- If she’s a keeper, learn how to keep her
- I wish with all my heart for us to be together again, till death do us part
- I eat cake because it must be somebody’s birthday somewhere
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal
- Be calm, stay chill, good vibes
- Attitude is everything, breathe easy and love life
- Act like a lady, think like a boss
- Positive minds. Positive vibes. Positive life
- I’m trending right now on Instagram
- Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it
- Never doubt my Instagram abilities and me
- The only time you should look back is to see how far you’ve come
- I’m sorry; I don’t exist only when you need something
- Don’t over complicate the simple things
- Before you give away a piece of yourself, make sure the rest of you is whole to withstand the loss
- Long ago, I decided to be happy
- People are fake and that’s why I want to be alone
- Be the kind of woman you want to be, everything else will fall into place
- Make friends on Instagram, not enemies
- I’m an Instagram skill user
- I could never give up shopping; I’m not a quitter
- I’m bored of looking at your kid photos
- People gain attention y loosing respect
- If anyone can have it, I don’t have it
- Just because I don’t respond doesn’t mean I didn’t notice you
- I’m single. You’ll have to be freaking amazing to change that
- I need a holiday, everyday
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough
- At the center of your being, you have the answer to everything
- Does Instagram inspire your life?
- Get in touch with your spiritual self
In every girl’s life, there is a boy she will never forget
- You can’t fake an Instagram smile without me knowing
- Really focus on growing, in every aspect of your life
- Don’t give up; the beginning is always the hardest
- I tried to hard not to care, but today I woke up to reality. I do care
- Life has no remote, get up and change it you!
- We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure
- A quitter never wins and a winner never quits
- I’d rather be on a lake than in a mall
- Everything you can imagine is real somewhere, sometime
- She turned her cants into cans and her dreams into plans
- People will change but memories won’t
- Please, no vibe killers
- Sometimes it’s ok to fall apart to be put back together later
- I’m currently in training to be your hottest ex-girlfriend
- I am strong because I know my weakness
- Sometimes it’s easier said than done
- I’m Instagram famous
- Nothing is really lost until mom can’t find it
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens
- Keep calm and follow me on Instagram
- I try not to judge cause I’m a little messed up myself
- Sometimes people around you won’t understand your journey, and they don’t need to
- I’ll take my cake and eat it too
- Am I using Instagram too much for you? Don’t care
- Never let someone treat you like a yellow starburst when you’re a pink starburst
- Surround yourself with people who have dreams, desire, and ambition
- I’m tired and cold all the time, let’s snuggle
- Girls be like, Drake would never treat me like this
- The simple things are the best
- I love the nighttime vibes
- You know you’re lazy when you get excited about cancelled plans
- You’re alive today, think on that for a second
- Can I Instagram every day of the week?
- I believe in everything until I don’t
- Choose to be optimistic, it feels better
- Life is like photograph, we develop from the negatives.
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life
- Be real with me, I respect honesty utmost
- You only live once, might as well be awesome when you do it
- Everything has beauty
- Never think you’re the only person someone talks to
- You’d go crazy even trying to understand me
Music is my life, the lyrics are my story
- You can’t wish for a good body, you had to work for it
- You will find it’s necessary to let things go, simply for the reason that they are heavy
- Inner beauty is great but a little mascara never hurts 🙂
- Cheers to my Instagram haters, keep hating
- Find joy in life
- Don’t let society brainwash you
- Relax, breathe, and trust, nothing gets away that is meant to be yours
- Overprotective parents raise the best liars
- Live in the moment and enjoy life
- Get weird, get loose, who cares.
- These things on Instagram define our generation
- You treated me like an option so I left you like a choice
- Be the happiness of your life
- Let’s not throw it back on Thursday, Instagram
- Good vibes, good times
- When you love and laugh abundantly, you live a beautiful life
- First they laugh, and then they copy
- Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication
- Don’t expect too much, let everything flow
- Why do we always want what we can’t ever have?
- I’m not good at being an ex-girlfriend
- I’m not as nice as I used to be, getting screwed over does that to you
- She believed she could, so she did
- When you understand someone, you see life from his or her perspective
- I’m single and waiting for something real
- Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people
- Imperfection is beauty and you are beautiful all the time
- Don’t start drama and then say you hate drama
- The realest people don’t have a lot of friends
- Always keep a positive mindset
- Dreams are memories of the soul
- World peace is all we need
- The less you reveal, the more people can wonder
- Do all your girlfriends act like that?
- Somebody didn’t wake up this morning, but I did
- Thank God for blessing me much more than I deserve
- Fall in love with someone who does the right thing
- Meeting someone with the same tastes is the best thing ever
- If someone doesn’t appreciate your presence, make him or her appreciate your absence
- She has the cutest smile
- The further you look out into space, the further back in time you travel
- Calories don’t count on the weekend
- At some point, I just don’t care anymore
- Coffee first, my good friend
- Just chill and do you
- Today, I’m thankful for Instagram
- I want to learn you; I want to learn with you, I want to learn from you
- I want nothing but positive vibes surrounding me
- Have you ever met a hater doing better than you?
- Everything is nothing
What if I told you, you could eat without posting it on Instagram?
- Be happy, smile
- You were born an original, don’t die a copy
- I know everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was.
- Your selfie doesn’t belong on Instagram
- Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting some battle
- Worrying will never change the outcome
- Starts in the night sky are human souls shining down on us
- Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost
- Let yourself rest
- Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together
- Be careful whom you trust, if someone will discuss others with you, they will certainly discuss you with others
- I’m addicted to all the wrong things
- Most worries never become true. They exist only within the mind
- The keys to happiness are in your hands
- I’m in love with you and all the little things you do
That wraps up this guide to the very best Instagram quotes.
I hope these leave you motivated and with some great ideas. Please share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter and comment below with your very own quotes!