This post was updated March 5, 2023.
We’ve all been single. It’s a mixture of fun, frustration, excitement, loneliness, and adventure. Sometimes it can be good to be single and play the field to see what’s out there. Other times you wish there were someone to share your nights with and talk about your interests to.
Whether you are old school in your dating or you use social media and online platforms, it’s a similar game to find and attract people of the opposite gender. That’s why we’ve compiled the absolute best Tinder pick up lines that have proven themselves to work time and time again in dating apps. As pick up lines go, these are some of the best!
Of course, having good material is never a replacement for being good material: Be interested, and be interested in what they have to say. Be able to laugh (especially at yourself). Be respectful. But you know that already, and that all comes later. The first thing, of course, is to get someone’s attention in a way that communicates who you are and makes them interested in that person. That’s where we come in.
A good psychology pickup line can be an effective way to catch someone’s attention and make a lasting impression on any dating app (or in general). A good psychology pickup line plays off of psychological concepts or terminology to create a clever and engaging opener. For example, “Are you a Freudian slip? Because you’re always on my mind.”
Try out the Tinder pickup lines below and let us know how they work for you. We hope you can find that they at least break the ice and get a laugh if they are funny or silly. Don’t be embarrassed by pick up lines; they can be a great way to break the ice.
Give the following quote some thought:
“I like the bad-boy types. Generally the guy I’m attracted to is the guy in the club with all the tattoos and nail polish. He’s usually the lead singer in a punk band and plays guitar. But my serious boyfriends are relatively clean-cut, nice guys. So it’s strange.” – Megan Fox
Pick Up Tips
Now, let’s get into the exciting part, going through the list of pick up lines that you can use on your new girl or guy crush. First, we’ll provide some tips and tricks on how to write your own creative and unique pick up lines that will represent your true personality on the dating app.
Be Funny – Almost every one of the pick up lines below is funny in some sort. Most girls or guys respond to humor more than a good pickup line, so combining the two will yield results. Finding someone who’s funny is great on many levels: Not only does it indicate you’ll be able to cheer them up, but it suggests you have an ability to laugh at yourself, you don’t take yourself too seriously, you aren’t too stern, and you’re just generally fun to be around.
First impressions are usually better when you have a bit of humor in them and remain funny throughout the conversation. Even if you’re not naturally funny, try to think of a funny opening line and remain light hearted. No one wants to go from introduction to a serious conversation.
Remember the following tips when considering the best Tinder pickup lines:
Be Yourself – This may seem obvious, but there are so many people that aren’t themselves when they initially meet or chat with a woman or guy on a dating app. If you’re naturally shy, that’s not a problem, remain confident and make sure that you focus on what makes you, you.
You mainly don’t want to project some version of yourself that you can’t deliver: you’ll spend all your energy in the conversation trying to keep up a front, and you won’t be able to enjoy yourself at all. Don’t try to sound busy if you’re not. Don’t explain how to play soccer if you’ve never played soccer. Don’t explain how to find the square root of a number if you flunked math. You get the idea.
Be Confident – Every guy and girl is attracted to confident people. Even if you’re not naturally confident, follow the motto of fake it till you make it. Don’t doubt yourself and be confident on who you are, your thoughts, and your interests. This will help you connect with people and let them know a bit about yourself.
If you don’t feel confident right away, just remember these words: “Everybody’s faking it.” If you’re nervous or uncertain, it’s more than likely that the other person is just as nervous and uncertain—if not more so! After all, hooking up on dating apps is not natural. The thing about confidence is that if you fake it long enough, eventually you won’t have to fake it any more.
Be Respectful – Both men and women on Tinder are putting a lot out there—putting themselves in a very public place trying to make a connection. Don’t be a jerk and don’t come on too strong. Avoid using a cheesy pickup line.
When it comes to the pickup line game on Tinder, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of cheesy pickup line competition. Stand out from the crowd with a thoughtful pickup line related to the person you’re addressing.
Keep it Casual – Lastly, make sure that whatever you talk about, that it remains casual. No one likes to go into a serious conversation right from the start. The best Tinder pickup lines are lighthearted and casual. If you try to go formal, you may find yourself totally lost and give off the wrong impression. Think about the encounter as just another boring Monday, something to get through so you can move on to Tuesday.
Be Persistent – Not every attempt to connect with someone one Tinder is going to pay off. That’s fine. There’s a lot of people out there, and if this person isn’t a good connection, you don’t need to force anything; the next person may be much better for you.
Top Tinder Pick Up Lines
Let’s get into the real meat of why you’re here. Below you’ll find the absolute best pick up lines that you can use on Tinder to meet your next girlfriend, boyfriend, or next hook up. Or maybe the list below will help you think up something original to try out. If that’ sthe case, post it in the comments below, we’d like to hear it—and here whether it worked for you or not!
- A boy gives a girl 12 roses. 11 real, 1 fa1ke and he says to her ” I will stop loving you when all the roses die”
- Your beauty rivals the graphics of Call of Duty.
- You think Ben Franklin tried tying other stuff to a kite before the key thing worked? … Just sitting there strapping waffles to a kite… what an idiot.
- Your mouth says, ‘Shields up!’ but your eyes say, ‘A hull breach is imminent.’
- If a guy asks you “have you got the time?” answer, ” if you got the energy”.
- Do you believe in love at first swipe?
- If I was your boyfriend I’d never let you go, I can take you places you haven’t ever been before.
- It’s a good thing that I have my library card. Why? Because I am totally checking you out!!
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
- I have 4 words for you “Hol I Day Inn”.
- We’re a match! The next step is to pick a wedding date, right?
- Sorry it took me so long to respond, I was at Whole Foods trying to figure out what you like for breakfast
- A MATCH, I NEVER GET MATCHES, HOW ARE YOU, WHERE ARE YOU FROM, DO YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND, I CAN’T WAIT TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS, I’VE ALREADY TOLD MY PARENTS, I WANT YOU TO MEET THEM THIS WEEKEND.
- It’s gonna be legend-… wait for it… (And I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is) DAIRY!
- Congratulations, you have been voted the hottest girl here, your prize a date with me!
- If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one
- Are you into fitness?
- I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather survive a Zombie Apocalypse with.
- I’m new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
- Hey girl, I saw you on Tinder
- I’ve had a crush on you for years
- Excuse me, did you just fart?
- How do I tell my dog he was adopted?
- You look like an angel that fell from heaven and hit its face on the pavement.
- Did something bad happen to you or are you just naturally ugly.
- Did you know you’re the hottest (insert generic name here- Haley, Rebecca, John, Mike, etc.) on Tinder?
- Do you peel a banana from the top or bottom?
- Kiss me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your name Bethesda?
- Shut the door, turn off the light, I want to be with you
- Do you have a quarter? My mom told me to call her when I found the woman of my dreams?
- On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight
- Forgive my Kirk-like boldness, but you want to go back to my mom’s place and watch ‘Dr. Who’?
- I’m going to skip the small talk. Top five list of your favorite condiments
- Single mother of 1? Want to be single mother of 2?
- Hey what’s going on? Hey what’s going on? Hey what’s going on?
- Do you want to see my best pick up line? _________________________________
- Feel my shirt. Know what it’s made of? Boyfriend material.
- Can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- You look like a female version of Nicholas Cage
- I like a man that can fulfill my wishes
- I’m sure you get this all the time but you look like a mix between Fergie and Jesus
- Do you drink a lot of Snapple because you look like you’re made from the best stuff on earth?
- Hey, we’re a match! Does this mean we’re dating now? Give me a second; I need to change my Facebook relationship status.
- Prettiest smile I’ve seen on Tinder
- You have a good web-surfing stance.
- Do you have a job? I need a woman who can support me while I play video games all day.
- I like pizza
- You’re really not hot enough to get away with being this boring
- Hope you like cheesy pick up lines, because if you were a fruit you’d be a fineapple
- On a scale from 1 to 10 you’re a 9 and I’m the 1 you need
- Hello. I am a Nigerian Prince and I can make you rich beyond your wildest dreams! I just need your phone number, bank account, and social security number.
- What’s up Haley what are you up to Sunday night?
- Do you want me to hit you with a corny pickup line or can we skip that
- What’s a nice guy like you doing with a body like that?
- Finally I found a Girl like you
- How many fingers are too many
- That rack though
- Hey, my name’s Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
- How you doing? I hope you watch Friends lol
- Is that the sun coming up or is that just you lightening up my world?
- I can’t wait to introduce you to my mom
- I’m a great cook. What kind of food do you like?
- Do you like ranch dressing?
- Is the rest of you as pretty as your eyes?
- If you were a chicken, you’d be impeccable.
- Is swiping right our first commitment to each other? Am I allowed to swipe right with other girls or is that cheating?
- Your beauty blinded me; I’m going to need your name and number for insurance reasons.
- I want to fax you up.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, and how would you like it if I came home with you?
- What do girls and noodles have in common?
- Looks like there was a hit and you sunk my battleship
- Are you into dragons?
- Hi, who’s your friend?
- Tinder brought us together for a reason and that reason is babies.
- I want you to wear my father’s work suit and take me out to the shed to show me what happens to bad boys
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- You’re so beautiful you made me forget my pick up line.
- You’re the cutest zombie I’ve ever seen.
- Are you a post-apocalyptic teenage tribute? Cause you look like you’ve got survival skills.
- Want to get coffee?
- I need some answers for my math homework. Quick. What’s your number?
- Sit on my face
- Excuse me; I think you have something in your eye. Nope, it’s just a sparkle.
- That dress would look great on my bedroom floor!
- I’m currently taking applications for a little spoon position. 1-10, how would you rate your cuddling abilities?
- Would you prefer to fight 100 duck size horses or 1 horse size duck
- I have 4% battery remaining. I chose to message you. Did I choose wisely?
- In a little more than 24 hours… I’m getting married.
- Do you think love is real?
- You’re everything I thought I never wanted in a girl
- I really like your blanket
- I’ve had a crush on you for 2 hours.
- You don’t know how many times I had to swipe left to find you!
- You’re the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.
- You’re so hot you melt the plastic in my underwear.
- Are you my appendix? Because I don’t understand how you work, but this feeling in my stomach makes me want to take you out
- Hey, want to get blueberry pie and make out?
- Listen, I know this profile is fake but can I get the name of the model you used so I can look her up for later tonight?
- I want our love to be like pi, irrational and never ending.
- Me without you is like a nerd without braces, A shoe without laces, aSentenceWithoutSpaces.
- I’d like to see what’s under your Kuiper Belt.
- My perfect date: I pick you up in my Hyundai Sonata. You get in, there are candles lit in the car. You say, isn’t that dangerous? I say, yes, but I like danger. We go to your favorite restaurant and have a fantastic meal. We come outside to see my car is on fire. You go, Trevor, aren’t you pissed; your car is on fire! I pull out a bag of marshmallows and say nah I knew this was going to happen. Then I kiss you in front of my burning car.
- If I received a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.
- Someone should tell the Old Gods and the New Gods that heaven is missing an angel
- You may fall from the sky, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall… is in love with me.
- If I were a watermelon, would you spit or swallow my seeds
- What’s a girl like you doing in a place like this when there’s a Farscape marathon on right now on the Sci Fi channel?
- You’ll never love yourself half as much as I love you
- I have been meaning to ask, do you have any experience raising chickens?
- I Have Raisins How Bout a Date
- Did you fart? Cuz you blew me away.
- Hey, just finished 873 pushups, pretty tired.
- Want to trade pickup lines?? If you were words on a page, you’d be fine print.
- Let’s get married
- Burger King isn’t the only thing that is king-sized
- Do you consider yourself a feminist? Why/why not?
- I’m really into music so is it ok if I send you song lyrics to help break the ice?
- Well Tinder says we would make beautiful kids, but I think maybe we should do dinner before we start working on the future models of America.
- You’re all I want for Christmas
- Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up its tinder time!
- Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be what they call fine print.
- One place you’ve always wanted to visit?
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got FINE written all over you.
- Hey! What kind of music do you listen to?
- My parents are so excited; they can’t wait to meet you!
- You must be a small amount of red phosphorus and I must be a tiny wooden stick… Because we’re a match.
- Lower your expectations and let’s begin
- Hey gorgeous, will you be my Tinderella?
- Big spoon or small spoon?
- Why hello there gorgeous. So when did you decided to grace the human race with such a beautiful face?
- Allow me to rescue you from your crowd of admirers.
- I usually go for 8’s but I guess I’ll settle for a 10.
- It’s like an angel came by and took me to heaven, ’cause when I stare in your eyes it couldn’t be better.
- When I get sad, I stop being sad. And I am awesome instead. True Story.
- I lost my number can I borrow yours.
Pick Up Your 2023
‘The times, they are a-changin'” – Bob Dylan
With changing times come new pickup lines, and given that Tinder is as persistent as it’s ever been–if not a smidge more reliable for scoring you that date, what better a place to look at what lines are working? The same rules still apply–be funny (a funny pick up line can go a long way), be approachable, be yourself, and be respectful. With more and more people using Tinder to hook up with other like minds, your persistence is only going to matter more. No longer an outlier limited to urban crowds, Tinder is everywhere. You don’t need to rethink your game, but it might be time to step it up.
We’ve got a little bit of funny, a little bit of (endearingly) dorky, and a little bit of loving. Give these a gander, and see if they float with your personality.
- Thank God I’m wearing gloves, or you’d be too hot to handle.
- On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?
- I know this profile is fake, but can I get the number of the model you used in your pics?
- You, with all those curves! Me, without any brakes!
- Can I borrow a quarter? I want to give my mom a call and let her know I met the girl of my dreams.
- There must be something wrong with my eyes. They seem to be stuck on you!
- Nothing fixes a bad day, like seeing a pretty girl smile. Will you smile for me?
- Are you ready to talk, gorgeous? I can only take so much flirting from a distance.
- I’m curious: what does an angel put on her resume?
- Today is your lucky day. I’m going to give you the satisfaction of turning me down. Go ahead. I dare you.
- Who says men don’t ask for directions? Because I need help; I’m getting lost in your eyes.
- Are you an ideal amount of red phosphorous? I’m a wooden stick. Looks like we’re a match!
- If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one.
- Titanic. That’s my icebreaker. What’s up?
- Phew! I almost swiped left and had a heart attack. Saved at the last minute!
- Your natural beauty radiates from my iPhone. I instantly acquired a tan from the warm heavenly glow. Brb, applying aloe vera.
- Quick: The Notebook or Sleepless in Seattle?
- I hope you don’t mind cheesy pick-up lines, because if you were a fruit, you’d be a fineapple.
Let us know if you have any other pick up lines that you’ve heard. These can be good ones (ones that have worked for or on you) that you would like to add to the list. Or they can be horrible ones that you don’t know what the person was thinking. Sometimes, we can learn more from what one person has done wrong than for one a hundred people have done right.
Good luck out there on the Tinder scene!