It’s true, even in our digital times, that a picture says a thousand words. Thankfully, you don’t need a thousand words to properly caption a picture, and so we’re here with 100 good, funny captions for pictures on your most often-used social media platforms.
We live in the time of the selfie, the story, the DM, the puking rainbow, the Tinder-swipe. We have a thousand elements of our lives all begging for our attention at the same time, each seeming to elicit different responses that we’re in turn relied upon to provide all day, every day, thanks to our ever-increasing connectivity. In short, it’s exhausting.
It can be hard to find time for creativity and thoughtful expression amidst the mess of it all, but that doesn’t stop us from wanting to leave our marks in the digital spaces we inhabit. Forum threads, Facebook feeds, Snapchatting, Instagram shares, and tweets all clamor for us, tempting precious moments spent on drumming up appropriate words for appropriate scenarios. Eventually–maybe today, maybe tomorrow–we could all use a little break from the hubbub, a helping hand in coming up with that attention-grabbing caption that stands out amidst the sea of other’s words.
Thankfully, we can meet your creativity halfway. The best inspiration can come from seeing what others have done before. Whether you’re looking for a good caption for a selfie or a funny phrase for a friend’s Instagram post, here are 100 winners that you can use or alter in moments where your own creativity just isn’t cutting it.
20 Great Selfie Captions
The selfie has evolved from an oddball trend into a golden standard for personal images shared online. Everyone’s doing it, everyone has done it, and it’s still not in danger of becoming old (unless, of course, your selfie-stick follows you everywhere.) Here are 20 captions that you can use or alter for your next selfie share.
- WARNING: You may fall in love with my face.
- Lives Change! It’s okay to wait for tomorrow to start anew.
- Proof that I can do selfies better than you.
- If you got eyes, look at me now.
- Morning time is selfie time! #GoodMorning
- Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s an Instagram filter.
- May your day feel as good as taking this perfect selfie on the first try.
- Girls–be as picky with your men as I was with this selfie.
- Who says eye candy can’t go well with soul food?
- All things are possible with coffee and mascara.
- By the way–I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- I can tell a lot about a person by what they choose to see in me.
- It’s all messy. The bed. The hair. The words. The heart. Life.
- Peace sign in the air like I’m Nixon!
- I’m not beautiful like you. I’m beautiful like me.
- Gonna put a selfie on top of the Christmas tree because I’m a star!
- Try to get my dark side.
- Sunshine mixed with just a little bit of hurricane…
- Oh, you twerk? Bitch, I vogue.
- Confidence level: a selfie with no filter.
20 Inspiring Captions
Sometimes, we could all use a helping hand, a few words to remind us that the world is a fantastic place, that people are capable of being great, and that maybe the day isn’t so bad, after all. Here are 20 captions that will lift your spirits.
- Be yourself! There’s no one better for you to be.
- Beauty is power, and a smile is its sword…
- Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
- Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- ‘Some people cause happiness wherever they go. Some, whenever they go.’ – Oscar Wilde
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Be happy. It drives people crazy.
- It’s up to you to see the beauty of everyday things.
- Mermaids don’t lose sleep over the opinion of shrimp.
- Negative people need drama like oxygen. Say positive–it will take their breath away.
- Seek respect, not attention. It’ll last longer.
- Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.
- Be the energy you want to attract.
- Don’t allow others’ limited perceptions to define you.
- The dream is free. The hustle is sold separately.
- Jobs fill your pockets. Adventures fill your soul.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- Be stronger than your strongest excuse.
- Expect nothing. Appreciate everything.
- Be a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios.
20 Captions with Snark and Sass
Every once in a while, it’s healthy to have a little bit of a ‘tude. Stephen King referred to this type of self-indulgence as “feeding the alligators,” but you know what? We’ve all got that attitude that shows its head every once in a while; we’ve all got alligators that need feeding. Here are 20 captions that are great for expressing a little bit of snark.
- Always classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.
- Hating me doesn’t make you pretty.
- You don’t have to like me. I’m not a Facebook status.
- I need a six-month holiday, twice per year.
- ‘I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.’ – Douglas Adams
- Is it just me, or is Instagram just Auto-Tune for photos?
- We owe to the Middle Ages the worst two inventions of humanity – romantic love and gunpowder.
- ‘Be like snow, cold but beautiful.’ – Lana Del Rey
- There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.
- ‘Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.’ – Mark Twain
- Classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt, but chooses not to show it.
- I am the designer of my own catastrophe.
- ‘Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay.’ – Notorious B.I.G.
- I wish people looked like their personalities.
- A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.
- You can’t make everyone happy. You aren’t a jar of Nutella.
- Selfies. Because shamelessly flaunting your narcissism is trendy.
- If I ever go missing, be sure to use my selfie with the most likes.
- I speak so much better when I’m silent.
- I’m a hopeless romantic with a dirty mind.
20 Romantic Appeals
One is the loneliest number, but what about 20? Far from a crowded field, the following romantic captions are great for silly and sappy feelings alike.
- It’s so beautiful when you smile.
- ‘Kiss me and you will see how important I am.’ – Sylvia Plath
- Ever since you walked into my life, my dreams envy my reality.
- I’ll always remember, I’ll never forget, how you took my breath away, the first time we met.
- Let’s run away, because nothing matters more than you and me.
- ‘There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.’ – Jane Austen
- I never wanted anything, other than to be your everything.
- Hello. I’ve missed you quite terribly.
- ‘Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.’ – Emily Dickinson
- He doesn’t tell me that he loves me. He shows me.
- We go together like cupcakes and frosting.
- ‘Words of love, are works of love.’ – William R. Alger
- We’ll keep this love in a photograph.
- The best nights are when you’re having too much fun to take pictures.
- ‘What is done in love is done well.’ – Vincent van Gogh
- I like to be alone, but I would rather be alone with you.
- Why should we ever let go, when we can stay together?
- I miss you even when I’m not horny.
- I’d shave my legs for you.
- I didn’t fall for you! You tripped me…
20 Hilarious Captions
And sometimes, we all just want to bust a gut laughing. Humor is a universal language, and so too are the following 20 captions applicable to many funny pictures and shares.
- I don’t always finish my jokes!
- ‘Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.’ – Oscar Wilde
- Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.
- Why do people say ‘no offense,’ right before they’re about to offend you?
- The best way to lie is to tell the truth…the carefully edited truth.
- ‘If at first you don’t succeed…so much for skydiving.’ – Henny Youngman
- If I can’t have a midnight snack, why does the fridge have a light?
- I’m not clumsy! I can’t help that there are so many walls in my way.
- ‘I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.’ – Steven Wright
- I have an insane calling to be where I’m not.
- Dear future husband: Find God. Find yourself. Then come find me.
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
- By the time a man realizes his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
- I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
- ‘Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.’ – Marilyn Monroe
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that firefighters traditionally use water.
- To err is human. To blame it on someone else shows management potential.
- If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
- ‘A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don’t need it.’ – Bob Hope
Whew! That’s 100 rockin’ captions that all fall somewhere on the scale between hilarious and touching. Whether you’re looking for snark, sass, sap, or just a good, funny laugh, any of these 100 picture captions will be a way to spark your creativity and spark up your images and posts. Share any of your own favorites in the comments below!