By now, the social media phenomenon has taken root in all our lives, and fully begun to influence the ways that we interact with our loved ones. This isn’t a bad thing! On Instagram alone, you can find all manner of cute quotes and captions exchanged between friends, lovers, couples, and even mere friendly acquaintances without looking too hard. However, finding some to use yourself can prove to be a little bit difficult. Thankfully, Appamatix is here with a veritable treasure trove of captions that have “proven their cuteness” on the social media battlefield that is Instagram. Feel free to use any of them that you like, or better yet, let them influence you as you create your own!
Your success in the comments on Instagram images is usually dependent on your cleverness, wit, and sense of humor. You not only have to be fast (because having a quick wit has always been sexy), you also have to come off as natural. Ever since the masses started hopping on board with social media, we’ve caught on to the fact that perception is everything. I mean, it was before, but the public eye has opened quite a bit wider in the digital era.
Who’d have thought that finding the right caption would be so important?
Appamatix has talked up captions before, and we’ve gotten pretty good at finding the most popular and the most poignant that people are using online. Usually, we focus strictly on humor rather than getting all sappy on you, but today, we’re aiming to shake things up. We’d still like to earn a chuckle or two, but we’re going to bring on all things romantic and cute, from memes to clever phrases. Without further ado, let’s take a look at ways that you can sweeten up your caption game the next time you’re on Instagram.
Whether you’re commenting on your friends’ cute relationship photos, or posting on your own sweetheart’s, having strong inspiration on hand can be all the difference between poignant words and something that’s clever in your own mind…but falls sadly flat in front of everyone else.
- “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
- I like when you smile, but I love it when I’m the reason.
- Be a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios!
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- Better an “oops” than a “what if!”
- I fell in love with you. Not for how you look, but for who you are. (Look, you’re pretty hot, too.)
- By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- Our journey isn’t perfect, but it’s ours…and I’ll stick with you ’til the end.
- May your coffee be hot and your eyeliner be even!
- “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
- I cannot see heaven being much better than this.
- Never not chasing a million things I want.
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
- You can’t expect anyone to love you, if you don’t love yourself, first!
- “There’s no such thing as the perfect soulmate. If you meet someone and you think they’re perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction, because your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your shit.” – Madonna
So Sweet You’ll Get Cavities
Sometimes, getting sweet and sappy isn’t enough. Sometimes, you need to turn it up to 11. Sometimes, we wield power over the heartstrings so strong that…you get the picture!
- “No girl should ever forget that she doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” – Marilyn Monroe
- Smiles are free, but they are worth a lot.
- I know they say there’s plenty of fish in the sea, but I think you’re my Nemo.
- All you need is love! And a tiara. And maybe a cookie.
- Find your wild!
- “Some people are worth melting for!” – Olaf (come on, tell me you’ve seen the film!)
- Don’t let anyone dim your light, simply because it’s shining in their eyes.
- Be someone that you want to be around!
- You will be destroyed! You will be destroyed with hugs and kisses!
- Always classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.
- You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.
- “A good friend knows all of your stories. A best friend helped you write them.”
- The question isn’t “can you,” it’s “will you.” Will you come away with me?
- Good night! Crunchy dreams!
And then sometimes, you don’t have to go for romantic. It’s okay to forego the sap and still aim for the warm fuzzies, which is what these quotes do!
- “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings
- It’s okay to be a glowstick. Sometimes, we need to break before we shine.
- Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside!
- Summer should be given a speeding ticket.
- “Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it!” – George Carlin
- I don’t care if it’s rude to stare. You’re cute, therefore I’ll stare!
- Short. Sassy. Classy.
- We dream in colors, borrowed from the sea.
- Sometimes, life feels like it’s made of happy coincidences.
- Trying to forget, but the memories are too strong!
- They say that money can’t buy happiness, but I bought pizza, cake, and Netflix. They’re definitely lying.
Caption and Hashtag Advice
Look. It’s easy to read something cute and pull the trigger on posting it, your only qualifying reason sounding something like, “Oh my god! I adore this quote!”
One of the best ways to get more mileage out of your wit (or someone else’s; no shame here) is to change the way that you think about hashtags and captions. After all, you’re posting these things to illicit a reaction, right? You want someone to squeal with joy, clap their hands, melt in their chair, or some combination thereof.
It’s easy to get caught up thinking about your own reaction to a caption or image, and totally ignore other peoples‘ reactions to them. Think about it for a moment. When you’re trying to garner a particular reaction from someone, how much do your own thoughts about a quote or caption really matter? Only to the extent that you’re happy with it, and then the ball is entirely in others’ court. Using a little bit of objectivity can go a long way.
Similarly, if you really want to hit the caption nail on the head, you’ll have to think outside of the box in regard to the caption you’re choosing. Is it for your own image? Someone else’s? How do you feel about the image? How does everyone else seem to feel? You may be attached to a particular quote or caption, but let’s be real: how much thought are you genuinely willing to give it before you pick one?
Lastly, it’d be impossible to talk about Instagram without touching on hashtags. They’re practically their own language, and anyone that’s trying to promote their image or caption uses them all of the damn time. If you want to get better at captions, quotes, and Instagram overall, you need to pay attention to how your hashtags are affecting your images.
Here’s a quick ‘n dirty list of tips that you can follow today; things to think about that are guaranteed to help you:
- Proper spelling. Proper grammar. If people can’t read what you’re trying to say in a couple of seconds, they’ll usually stop trying! Be clear and clever.
- Instagram is about visuals. Make sure that your captions and quotes relate to the visual! If your quote doesn’t make sense with the original picture, it’s time to find a new quote.
- Two hashtags, max. Anything more looks bloated and cumbersome.
- Value! Your captions should always enhance a picture, or an ongoing conversation happening in the comments of an Instagram post. Our voices don’t exist in a vacuum, and so you should always let your words connect you to other people!
Not only did we give you a nice cache of cute, we’ve given you quite a few tips that are going to help you to use those captions more effectively, too! Keeping up a social media presence can feel like a chore, but if you add a little bit of flavor, flair, and fun to the process, you can transform it into something fun and meaningful for yourself as well as everyone else reading your posts!
Cute captions for friends, couples, lovers, and more aren’t particularly hard to come by, but we hope to have shared some of the best that you’ll find online. Tell us some of your favorites in the comments below, and as always, don’t forget to share!